Human massage services promote a total mind/body concept of well-being by incorporating the scientific art of manual healing through soft tissue manipulation in a safe environment. Leigh’s “people” services include: Stress Reduction/Swedish Massage, DeepTissue Massage, Neuro Muscular Therapy (NMT), Chair Massage, Reiki, and Advanced Assisted Stretching .
Therapeutic Massage is the scientific art of manual healing through the technique of soft tissue manipulation. It is performed in a safe environment incorporating a total mind/body concept of well-being.
Benefits of Massage
Improves movement of blood and nutrients
Warms the skin, promotes healing by increasing circulation
Lengthens and stretches the tendons
Eases chronic pain and reduces swelling
Balances muscle activity
Reduces recovery time after injuries
Improves body awareness
30 minutes $45
60 minutes $85
90 minutes $120
Travel fees applied for in-home sessions.
Payment due at time of service.
Gift certificates, group rates, package discounts and house calls available.
- Neuro Muscular Therapy (NMT) – Neuro Muscular Therapy (NMT) is a specific and scientific approach to muscular pain relief. It will help bring about balance between musculoskeletal system and the nervous system. NMT enhances the functions of joints, muscles and bio mechanics and it releases the body’s own natural pain killers. It works well as part of a comprehensive program, complimenting all other health care modalities.
- Deep Tissue Massage – Deep Tissue Massage is used to release chronic muscle tension. By using slow strokes and direct pressure across the grain of the muscles it detects stiff painful areas in the deeper layers of the muscles, thereby relieving related pain and discomfort. Deep Tissue is an intense yet invigorating massage.
- Stress Reduction/Swedish Massage – Stress Reduction/Swedish Massage is commonly used for relaxation, Swedish massage uses a system of long gentle strokes which helps improve circulation and range of motion. It can relieve muscle tension and enhance the efficiency of the immune system.
- Chair Massage – Chair Massage is typically done in the work place. It is a 10-15 minute massage based on traditional acupressure and is administered in a special chair with the client fully clothed. Massaging of the neck, shoulders, back, arms, hands and scalp enhances circulation, making you feel vibrant and refreshed.
- Advanced Assisted Stretching – Advanced Assisted Stretching balances the energies in the muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and joints; by balancing the musculoskeletal system nerve conduction is improved, tension and pain are relieved and a propensity toward happiness is restored. It is usually performed on a mat with the client fully clothed, however; many postures can be integrated into a massage session while the client is on the table. It is stretching at its BEST!!